- This event has passed.
Foundations in Christian Life Coaching
September 20, 2016 @ 10:00 am - December 13, 2016 @ 11:30 am
This 12 week intensive coach training course is designed to introduce participants to the heart, discipline and skills of life coaching, and do so from a uniquely biblical perspective. A solid foundation in the coach approach will be laid for gaining the skills which will enhance one’s ability to more effectively communicate with and empower others.
This course is the first step in a series of courses offered by 3D Coaching to equip and train serious followers of Jesus and spiritual leaders with the heart, skills, and tools of coaching, so they in turn, can more powerfully invest in the lives of others towards their potential and destiny in Christ.
Coaching is a unique discipline and conversational approach of helping others. It stands apart and on its own in several key ways from counseling, mentoring, and consulting. Yet, at the same time, coaching can be effectively integrated within these other disciplines to bring even greater benefit to those being served. Coaching embodies many of the ways Jesus went about investing in the lives of people by creating a grace-filled environment, believing in them, asking powerful questions, employing the use of metaphor, and calling them to decision and action.
Here are some details of the course and what to expect:
- 6, 8, or 10 participant cohort – an even number of students are needed for peer coaching
- 45 minute orientation session
- On-line webinar venue with audio, video, and screen share capabilities
- Twelve, 90 minute weekly on-line sessions
- Weekly on-line sessions will include explanation of concept, skill, or tool, live demonstration by trainer and volunteer, and group debrief
- Weekly reading and homework assignments between on-line sessions
- 1 1/2 hrs each week of peer coaching and debrief starting around week 5
- At only $225, this course is a bargain for an experience in excellent coach training. (Cost includes a PDF file of participant notes, but does not include textbooks, Leadership Coaching and Coaching Questions, as well as the Leadership Coaching Live CD set, all by Tony Stoltzfus.)
- This is the first step toward becoming a Certified Life Development Coach through 3D Coaching
Enroll now for a journey and experience that will change your life and change how you engage and relate with others.
What Others are Saying About Foundations In Christian Life Coaching:
“This is an amazing course which gives you the tools to communicate effectively in all aspects of life. The pacing of the material allowed sufficient time for personal reflection and dialog with peers. Dave is very intuitive and connects with and values each participant; he fosters a safe environment and honors the learning process without allowing one person to dominate a conversation or session. Highly recommend this training!” Tamara McNealy
“Tremendous Course! Dave’s passion and heart for the material was contagious and promoted an engaging learning environment. His interactive teaching style along with his ability to include everyone while respecting the allotted time for each session was superb. Every class, Dave revealed authentically how coaching changes lives. I gained so many new perspectives on coaching from this class that I have already applied not only to coaching but also in everyday conversations and communications with friends, family and even strangers! This course has boosted my confidence and given me the motivation to further pursue coaching as a profession. My favorite thing about this course was that Kingdom values and principles were interwoven seamlessly with Christ revealed in every part of the coaching paradigm. This was truly a gift!” Mary Byam-Smith