Foundations in Christian Life Coaching
February 5 @ 4:00 pm - April 30 @ 5:30 pm$429.00
This 13 week intensive coach training course is designed to introduce participants to the heart, discipline and skills of life coaching, and do so from a uniquely biblical perspective. A solid foundation in the coach approach will be laid for gaining the skills which will enhance one’s ability to more effectively communicate with and empower others.
This course is the first step in a series of courses designed to equip and train serious followers of Jesus and spiritual leaders with the heart, skills, and tools of coaching, so they in turn, can more powerfully invest in the lives of others towards their potential and destiny in Christ.
Coaching is a unique discipline and conversational approach of helping others. It stands apart and on its own in several key ways from counseling, mentoring, and consulting. Yet, at the same time, coaching can be effectively integrated within these other disciplines to bring even greater benefit to those being served. Coaching embodies many of the ways Jesus went about investing in the lives of people by creating a grace-filled environment, believing in them, asking powerful questions, employing the use of metaphor, and calling them to decision and action.
Here are some details of the course and what to expect:
- 45 minute orientation session
- On-line webinar venue with audio, and screen share capabilities
- Twelve, 90 minute weekly on-line sessions
- Weekly on-line sessions will include explanation of concept, skill, or tool, live demonstration by trainer and volunteer, and group debrief
- Weekly reading and homework assignments between on-line sessions
- 1 1/2 hrs each week of peer coaching and debrief starting around week 5
- A value at only $429. (Cost includes a PDF file of participant notes, but does not include textbooks, Leadership Coaching and Coaching Questions, both by Tony Stoltzfus.)